The Financial Manager will play a vital role by assisting the higher management for regular financial updates and flow. Person will be the key point in Finance department for all accounting related queries.
The candidate must possess the following:
- Oversee all financial and payroll functions
- General accounting, including A/P, A/R, general ledger, reconciliations, and regulatory compliance.
- Financial reporting, including monthly, quarterly and year end closings. Maintain full understanding of all balance sheets and income statements accounts
- Prepare and approve monthly bank reconciliation, journal entries and supporting working papers and financial statements for year end and tax returns in accordance with ASPE
- Credit and collections. Ensure all invoices are verified, schedule and prepare disbursements, obtain payment authorization
- Processing for cheque, wire and EFT payments
- Project cash flow to anticipate future cash deficiencies and arrange for funding, or arrange for transfer for any surplus
- Assist in preparing quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting packages
- Payroll and commissions
- Sales tax return preparation and tax credits.
- Perform internal and external audit requested by financial institutions and CRA. Answer all inquires from the CRA and other governmental agencies
- Consolidate external financial information with internal corporate files for GST/HST filing, year end, T1, T2 and Section 216
- Process other returns/filings required by government such as GST/HST, QST, NR6, NR4, T4, ROE, EHT and WSIB
- Maintain relationship with vendors, suppliers, and clients.
- Maintain relationship with banks and other financial institutions.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should have great problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Online QuickBooks, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate measurements.
- Experience in the Canadian accounting Industry/company approx. 2 years.
- Payroll and bookkeeping approx. 2 years.
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks)
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast phase environment.
- Ability to work on your own un-assisted and as a team.
- A self-motivated, reliable and detail orientated individual.
- Ability to multi-task, priorities and meeting deadlines in extremely busy workplace.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: To support our entrepreneurial approach, our home office mixes open offices and manufacturing facilities.
Extended health care, Life insurance, Dental care,
We look forward to hearing from you; please submit your resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to: